Night drive was actually done by everyone especially on festive seasons like right now. Tomorrow is Hari Raya so i go back my hometown. For me driving at night give out less stress and i can speed as fast as i can. And so tonight (30 Sept 2008) i manage to drive back to my home town Tambunan.
Other than less stress, I also choose night drive because less haze when driving along the way to Tambunan. Maybe because it was time where the plants used up all the water vapor in the air thats why it was “hazeless” .
Anyway what i want to tell right now is something that happen to me on my night drive along the way going home. If you are someone who believes in old belief then this would gives you lots of ideas but if you are a modern thinking person this would not be a problem.
I actually thinking of night driving around 9pm tonight but as i was still surfing and arranging my hamsters to bring back home then i only move out around 10.45. Moving out from home i as normal (Night drive or Day Drive) will stop by at the last SHELL station on the way to my home town. I stop there and buy sweet and drinks (which i normally buy). By the time i was there, i stop my car’s engine and go talk with the SHELL staff to purchase what i need. What happen was when i go back to my car and start the engine, It did not sound like starting. This never happen to me before. I struggle and struggle to start the engine, at last i manage to start it by force using 2nd gear (My car a manual so could do by force). Thanks to that I can continue the journey and the time was about 11.20pm.
Continuing my Night Drive journey home, i drive as i always do 80KMH to 100KMH (wasn’t fast for young people like me). On the way, i suddenly saw a dead dog on the road and nearly step it. So nice i did not step on it but what happen next was there’s another animal infront and it was a Black Snake. I cannot change my car direction and i step on it. Realizing that i stop around 50m infront and go back to see what happen to it. Luckily it did not die and i only say sorry to it. And i turn back heading home continuing my Night Drive.
Continuing my night drive, 15minutes later i saw a car on the road side with emergency lights turned on and 3 mens waiting. So pity that i could not even help them, i’ve asked them what happen and one of the guy said their clutch lining was finished. I know that I could not even help them as their car is bigger than mine (which mine is Kancil). Then i told them only to wait for a lorry to come and help them to pull their car. Plus all over there was guy and i a bit afraid to help. One advice for those who like to help people, be aware. Like me i lock my door and open my windows a bit to talk to them. And if you could not help them, then tell them frankly that you could not help.
Continuing my night drive, I started to think. Why this time i meets with strange things. Is it just something normal or there is something might happen? If i follow what i believes, if there is something blocking me that would means there is something wrong. So I said a bit prayer on the way and i talk to myself and “people” that might be accompany me along the night drive, that if something were to occur there will be dead animals infront twice. Driving a bit far maybe 20KM before Gunung Emas, i meet with a Land Cruiser at the road side. Thinking maybe it was resting because it is already late then i just ignore it. Not long after I saw a dead cat on the road side.
A bit scared and lots of imagination came to my mind. Then i decide to stop when i reach Gunung Emas. Then i continue my Night Drive until i arrive at Gunung Emas and I stop there. As the time is already 12midnight, i decide to wait until 12.30 to continue my drive. I remember some story from people that 12 until 12.30 was not really a good time. That time is the best time for bad things to happen.
Wait for a while and trying to sleep until 12.30, suddenly a MYVI pass by around 12.13 ( a nice number 13 which means a living ahead for me). Thinking there is someone might be ahead to accompany me, i manage to drive ignoring what people used to say. But anyway i did pray for my safety. Hoping things will be ok along the way. And so i continue my night drive driving going down hill as i normally does.
Around 25 minutes later i reach my home and feel secured as nothing much happened and i’m safe. Thinking things back, this was actually some beliefs that I always to follow. If you hear from your grandma or grandpa they might warn you when something uncommon happen 3 times cancelled what you are doing. I did follow that but I give some measure to it. For example saying if i meet another 2 bad things along the way only then i will stop my journey. It’s a night drive so you have to remember some of the stuff.
For some people maybe they did not believe in this, but for me I’ve saw ghost 3 times in my life. The latest was on my Night drive this year. So i have to follow some of the belief to ensure a safe journey. Other than that there is few things you must follow when going for a night drive especially when the road that you use is surrounded by forest such as;
1. Never stop when you saw people asking for help even if you feel like helping unless you saw a family with children and girls. Anyway if you still insist to help, lock your door, stop beside them, open the door a bit and ask them what happen but if you could not do a thing, be frank to tell them you could not help.
2. When you step on an animal, reverse back and say sorry to them. If you did not believe this stuff just try to ignore it, If you have experimented this then only let me know if it is true or not.
3. When there is a girl suddenly stopping you, pray to god asking for protection, stop and help her and remember not to think of doing bad things to her. In case she turned to become something else, be brave to talk to her, saying you just want to help her, tell her you never think of bad thing and please do not harm you. Then ask where to drop her. Remember god!!
4. When you saw something at the road side, Ignore it and never talk about it keep it to yourself until you arrive safely, Pray to god..
5. If you suddenly smell something especially when you are alone, just ignore it but if you are brave enough then try talk to it to leave you alone in a manered way. Pray to god..
6. Don’t play your music so loud that can disturb other people.
7. Eat befoere you go and remember to eat something that you want before going out.
8. Never bring fresh meat along your night drive.
9. Don’t drive when you are sleepy, I take coke for my drive if there is no cafe in can. Coke contains caffein at greater amount than cafe thats why it can make you awake.
I think thats all what i follow to ensure my night drive safe, maybe there is lots more but I hardly remember. Anyway if you going for a night drive just remember to pray to god before you going out and ensure your car is in good condition before travel.
Have a nice Journey.